I’ve been hooked on this salad ever since it was first introduced to me a few years ago. It’s simply too good not to share.
- 1 cup quinoa cooked in broth
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth (I used Better than Bouillon)
- 15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15oz can of sweet corn
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 3/4 cup cilantro dressing (I like this one, not pictured) (This is a good recipe for cilantro avocado dressing if you can’t find any at the store.)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest of 1 lime (I sub’d this with lemon because I didn’t have lime handy)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package in broth. Combine beans, corn, avocado, sea salt, pepper and lime zest to taste. Top with cilantro dressing and toss. Add 1/2 cup cilantro and gently toss. Set aside.
When quinoa is cooked, toss with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool. When ready to serve spread quinoa on large serving platter and top with corn and bean mixture. Garnish with extra cilantro. Or you can just mix it all together like I do. If you can’t happen to find the cilantro dressing at your local market (because it went out of business like mine did)) this dish will still taste fabulous without it.
There you have it, one of my favorite dishes that’s the best of both worlds, healthy and tastes amazing!