Here’s a sweet little alternative to giving fresh flowers. Great for Mother’s Day, Teacher Appreciation Days, party favors, etc.
- Sticks (I used disposable chopsticks from past takeout and kabob skewers)
- Hot glue gun
- Flower petals (I used a combination of fabric and paper. The fabric flowers came from artificial flowers that I took apart and the paper flower petals came in a pack)
- Jar – Recycled food jar that I removed the label from. For more ideas on what to use old jars for checkout this past post.
- Paper shreds
- Mini chalkboard sign – $1 from Target
- Dove chocolate – $4 (used less than 1/2 a bag
Total cost: Roughly $3 (everything else I already had handy from past projects)
It’s pretty straight forward but here are some simple steps on how to make them:
- Cut a felt circle and glue it to the pointy end of the stick.
2. Glue flower petals one at a time.
3. I used the hot glue gun to stick the chocolate on but waited until it cooled a bit so it didn’t melt the chocolate.
4. Tie ribbon and tuck behind flower.
Great to give individually or as a bouquet.
5. Fill your jar with paper shreds (tissue, stones or any other fun filler)
6. Cover the top of the jar with ribbon or string. I hot glued this string on.
Add a message to your chalkboard and you’re done!
Hope this inspires you to make something fun, use what you have, and make someone’s day.