Unfortunately, I didn’t document how I made these with photos but I’ll try to explain how I made them below:
Sushi Chef Jacket:
- Use a long rectangular piece of fabric. When folded in half it should measure from shoulder to wherever you want it to end, like the waist/hip area.
- To sew sleeve holes, sew about 3/4 of the way up both open sides of the folded fabric.
- For the front opening, cut the top piece of fabric down the center all the way up to the fold.
- I sewed red webbing around the entire opening.
California Roll: Both front and back sides are identical so I’ll explain just the one side.
- First I made what resembles a black tank top. The tank top has 2 layers of fabric on front, 2 layers on back – leave the layers open at the bottom for now.
- Inside the front 2 layers I cut a round piece of cardboard and placed it inside, then sewed the bottom of the tank closed.
- White fabric (the rice) is a fuzzy material I found at Joanns, sorry I don’t know the exact name. Cut it into a circle and hot glued to the front of the tank.
- The black and color pieces (seaweed, cucumber, etc) are foam paper, cut and hot glued.
- Since this was a sushi tank top pretty much, I just had him wear a black long sleeve shirt to match the seaweed tank.
- This one was a bit tricky. Hope that made sense!
- Same fuzzy white fabric used for Cali Roll cut into a rectangle. Shrimp is foam paper cut out into pieces like a puzzle and hot glued. Black seaweed wrap is felt. Added velcro to the bottom to easily wrap it around our pup.
Soy Sauce Packet:
- Cut 2 rectangular pieces of red felt to fit desired length (from chin to knee)
- Neck hole, sew top leaving enough space for your head to fit through – sew about 3 inches from edge. Leaving enough space to cut the triangles edges.
- Bottom, leave open and cut the same triangle edges as top
- Arm holes – sew top above arm hole about 3 inches. Leave opening for arm. Sew remaining below the hole all the way down.
- Large white and black pieces on top were cut from felt and hot glued.
- Everything else was printed from the computer and glued on.